10 March 2013

Cafe Rio Creamy Tomatillo Dressing

I know I've talked before about how amazing our neighbor's are but I just have to throw it in again. We have some awesome people around us. This week alone, our nieghbors have managed to save out Harry Potter marathon by providing the 5th movie. In case you haven't checked this marathon has sparked some pretty great workouts.  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone {WORKOUT} and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets {WORKOUT}
Next our other neighbors saved me from my cookie disaster by lending us some vanilla. I'll be posting more about those cookies later. I love that we just go back and forth on sharing things. We give them eggs and they give us vanilla. This week it was a trade with hair gel and vanilla. I'm sure next week will bring something too.

These sweet friends have invited us over for dinner along with a few other couples. It's always a blast to get together with other people who are in the same stage. Most still in school, relatively newlywed, and having a blast.

This dinner is going to be much like the Cafe Rio Salads, Burritos, etc. We always go our our direction but we always have to have the Creamy Tomatillo Dressing. It's to die for! And it's SUPER easy!
There are tons of recipes online but I liked this, it's exactly like the original.

1 (1 oz.) package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup mayo
1 bunch cilantro (roughly chopped, just to remove the stems)
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 small (or 1 large) tomatillos
juice from 1 lime
1 jalapeno (seeds and rib removed)



Now I just put everything into my Ninja blender and went to town! It's super easy to mix up in a food processor or blender.  Check out the Ninja it's great! Ninja Kitchen System Blender And Food Processor


It already looks to good! This blends up really quick but it needs to set in to fridge for about 30 min before serving so the flavors can come together.

It looks cute in an empty jar and can be used later on!


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from anyone who comes to visit!