06 June 2012

Healthy Challenge - Day #26 -- Meditation

I've never done a lot of meditation but I've been researching the benefits and I'm liking what I'm hearing!

I'm a big fan on taking time to think and relax. Clearing my head has always been a great thing but I've never really called it "meditation".

 

I was reading some info on meditation and I found 6 steps for Meditation:

Step 1: Set aside time to meditate. Once in a while will not give you the results and benefits. Meditation needs to be done regularly. Get into a routine that includes time for meditation.

Step 2: Pick a place that is relaxing. The environment if very important. Turn off the TV, if you want to play music make it repetitive and relaxing.

Step 3: Sit at ground level. There it's a need to contort into any position but make sure your back if straight.


Step 4: RELAX. As you relax try to find which parts are not relaxed. They're there, just take the time to find them and focus on relaxing when you do.

Step 5: Let your attention rest on the flow of your breath. Don't analyze it but allow your mind to focus on it.

Step 6: Once you've learned to focus on one little thing try to focus on nothing at all. This is the pinnacle of meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from anyone who comes to visit!